International Walk to School Day Impacts Walkers and Rollers in Decatur
October 5, 2011 Leave a comment
Decatur celebrated International Walk to School Day this morning with the City Schools of Decatur and St. Thomas More. Decatur Active Living staff arrived as early as 5am to set up seven schools as parents, walkers and riders participated in the fun filled morning. Thanks to our school crossing guards, champions, volunteers, staff and GA Safe Routes to School for making the International Walk to School Day a success. A few highlights:
- SRTS expanded to Renfroe Middle School which had over 50% of there students walking or riding this morning.
- St. Thomas More made history this morning by participating in there first Safe Routes to School event.
- Principal Derrick Thomas lead a bike train from Harmony Park.
- Crossing Guard Elizabeth Lindley was honored at the Pep Rally for 28 years of service by the Decatur Police Department.
- 4/5 Academey at Fifth Avenue made history this morning by participating with many walkers and riders at the new school.